In each case, are the sets A and

In each case, are the sets A and

In each case, are the sets A and B the same or different? A { 2, 4, 6, 8 } B { 8, 4, 6, 2 } A { -2, -4, -6, -8, -10 } B { 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 }

A { names of girls in your class } B { names of girls in your school } List the element of the sets. Set A: Types of triangle Set B: Quadrilaterals with at least one pair of parallel sides Set C: Factors of 30 Given that = { Integers between 1 and 50 inclusive } = { Integers between 1 and 50 inclusive }

List the following sets Set A: Multiples of 9 Set B: Factors of 9 Set C: Factors of 100 How would sets A, B and C change if: = { Integers between 1 and 100 inclusive } ? = { Integers between 1 and 10 inclusive } ? Describe these sets in words. Compare your answers to a

partners. Which ones can be described in more than one way? { 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 } { a, b, c, d, e, f } { 3, 6, 9, 12 } { 1, 2, 5, 10 }

{ } = { Integers between 1 and 50 inclusive } = { 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 } A = { even numbers } and B = { factors of 10 } Which numbers are elements of both A and B? Represent this information on a Venn diagram.

A B Given that = { Integers between 1 and 50 inclusive } = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 } Choose and complete a Venn diagram to show: A = { even numbers } and B = { odd numbers less than 8 } A = { even numbers } and B = { even numbers less than 7 }

A = { even numbers } and B = { square numbers } Which Venn diagram would you use to represent sets A and B? A = { 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 } B = { 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15, 30 } Write down the set A B.

Write down the elements in the sets: AB AB C BC AC Martin says that AC is exactly the same set as AB C. Is he right? Explain your answer.

Describe in words the sets A, B and C. In a group of 100 children, 30 like singing, 40 play the guitar, and 20 like singing and play the guitar. Draw a Venn diagram to represent this information. How many children dont like singing and dont play the guitar?

Which Venn diagram would you use to represent sets A and B? A = { -10, -8, -6, -5, -4, -2, 0 } B = { -2, -1, 0, 1, 2 } Write down the sets A B and A B. Why are they different? B and A B. Why are they different? If A = { factors of 36 } , B = { multiples of 3 between 1 and 20 } Draw a Venn diagram to represent this information.

List: AB A B Swimmers Runners

16 6 15 4 The Venn Diagram shows how many students in a class to some sports.

How many swimmers are there? How many students swim or run? Using S and R to represent the sets, write the above using set notation. Copy each Venn diagram. On each one shade in the area representing the complement of set A. If = { Integers between 1 and 50 inclusive }= { Integers between 1 and 20 }

Write down the elements in the complements of the following sets. A = { factors of 15 } B = { square numbers } C = {numbers in the sequence where the nth term = 2n + 1} = { Integers between 1 and 20 }. If the complement of set X contains the elements { 1, 4, 6, 8, 10,12, 14, 15, 16, 18 } List the elements in set X. Describe set X.

Tommy Tomorrow I can go to school, or not go to school. There is an even chance of me going to school tomorrow. Is Tommy

right? Explain your answer. Decide whether these statements are true or false. Discuss this with your partner. Share your ideas with the class. If a test has If you flip a coin 4 times,

you are more likely to get HTHT than HHHH If you throw a dice and get a 6, youve used up some of your luck so will be less likely to get a 6 next time. If you flip a coin 8 times and get 8 heads then it is certain

that the coin is biased. Its impossible that I will ever travel into space. only true or false questions, its certain that

Ill get at least half of the questions right. Its certain that Ill watch TV this

week. Spinner A and Spinner B are the same size. Which spinner is more likely to land on red? Why? A B Jack rolls a dice.

The sample space for the possible outcomes is S = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 } Write the sample space for the possible outcomes when: A coin is flipped An eight-sided dice is rolled A letter is picked at random from the word MATHEMATICS A letter is picked at random from the word PROBABILITY The total score when two six-sided dice are rolled

This spinner is divided into four equal sections. Write down the sample space of the possible outcomes when this spinner is spun. Do all the outcomes have the same chance of happening? Whats the same and whats different

about this spinner? Design a spinner with six sections so that, All the outcomes have the same chance of happening All the outcomes have different chances of happening A ball is taken out of this bag at random. Write down the probability that the ball is blue? Decide if the probability of selecting a blue

A: stays the same B: increases C: decreases when, 5 more blues and 4 more greens are added to the bag 6 more blues and 4 more greens are added to the bag 1 blue and 1 green are removed from the bag Justify your answer each time. Mustafa is making a game using the spinner shown below. For his game to work, he needs the probability of the spinner

landing on: an odd number to be a square number to be 30% a number that is 25 or less to be 1 Copy and complete the spinner so that Mustafas game works. Make up your own game using an octagon spinner split into 8 sections.

There are some red, blue and green balls in a bag. The probability of getting a blue ball (when taken at random) is Now think about the probability of getting a red ball and complete the following sentences: The probability of getting a red ball

might be. must be cannot be.. The probability of a spinner landing on purple is 30%. The only other two colours on the spinner are yellow and pink. Lami thinks that the probability of a yellow could be 22.7% and the probability of a pink could be 47.3%

Is he right? Explain your answer. Are there other possible pairs of answers? Julie randomly selected chocolates from a box containing dark, milk, white and mint chocolates. There is an equal chance of selecting a white or a mint chocolate. Copy and complete the table below to show the probabilities of selecting each type of chocolate: Dark

Milk 0.15 0.35 White

Mint Whats the probability of Julie selecting a chocolate that isnt mint?

Recently Viewed Presentations

  • Lesson 1: What is Breast Cancer

    Lesson 1: What is Breast Cancer

    3'CCA TCA TCT CAG GGC CCT TTC 5' mRNA: 5' GGU AGU AGA GUC CCG GGA AAG '3. DESIGN NOTE: The last two cells of the bottom table should start empty so students can fill it in as a class,...
  • Motion - PC\|MAC

    Motion - PC\|MAC

    Section 2: Weather Systems. K. What I Know. W. What I Want to Find Out. L. What I Learned. Essential Questions. ... Fronts. Occluded front. Sometimes, a cold air mass moves so rapidly that it overtakes a warm front and...
  • PGL 2019 Mr Dunley and Mr Alcorn Welcome

    PGL 2019 Mr Dunley and Mr Alcorn Welcome

    Domaine de Segries Activities and itinerary 3 day Ardeche decent in two person canoes Bivvi under the stars Cliff jumping During our three days at Domaine de Segries, we will visit a local town. Evening entertainment and disco every evening.
  • Rhyme Scheme and Stanzas - Weebly

    Rhyme Scheme and Stanzas - Weebly

    Rhyme Scheme and Stanzas. ... Because I'm happy AClap along if you feel like a room without a roof BBecause I'm happyClap along if you feel like happiness is the truthBecause I'm happyClap along if you know what ... A...
  • Ap U.s. History Exam Review

    Ap U.s. History Exam Review

    What was Wilson's reelection slogan in 1916? How did American attitudes about neutrality begin to change by late 1916? Explain how the Zimmerman Telegram helped lead America into the war. ... What does TVA stand for and what did it...
  • New Methods of Imaging the Brain - CELLCentral

    New Methods of Imaging the Brain - CELLCentral

    More localised than EEGs, not an "average" Low resolution as the detectors are large ERPS EEGs Extra cerebral recordings average all the electrical activity going on in the brain Widespread changes can be picked up (epilepsy, coma, REM sleep etc.)...
  • Very Long Instruction Word — VLIW

    Very Long Instruction Word — VLIW

    * Advanced Computer Architecture Pipeline Systems Multifunction Pipeline * Advanced Computer Architecture Pipeline Systems Vector Processors A vector processor is equipped with multiple vector pipelines that can be concurrently used under hardware or firmware control.
  • OSDE Special Education Services

    OSDE Special Education Services

    2/14/2014 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Development of Employment: Goals based on occupational awareness, employment related knowledge and skills and specific ...