Chapter 7 Skeletal System Study Guide Answers Ms. K. Cox Human A & P Check your work as the answers appear on the screen. 1. bones support the weight of the body and structures such as the head and face 2. bones protect delicate organs such as the brain and spinal cord, heart and lungs 3. bones act as levers to which muscles are attached
4. blood cells are produced within red bone marrow 5. minerals such as calcium and phosphorous are stored n the bone matrix 6. bones also contain nerves and blood vessels 7. epiphyses 8. articular cartilage 9. diaphysis 10. periosteum
11. medullary 12. endosteum 13. marrow 14. blood cell production 15. in spongy bone
16. marrow that functions to store fat 17. medullary cavitities 18. muscles 19. osteocytes 20. lacunae
21. canaliculi 22. collagen 23. salts 24. most bones contain a mixture of compact and spongy bone include the skull the ribs, the vertebrae and the sternum. 25. osteons 26. transverse 27. most bones of the body contain a mixture of compact and spongy bone. The diaphysis of a long bone is compact bone, and compact bone covers the epiphyses.
28. bones form by replacing connective tissue in the fetus. 29. osteoblasts 30. osteocytes 31. periosteum 32. a soft spot in an infants skull where the membrane has not yet completely ossified
37. osteoclasts 38. osteoblasts 39. lengthening 40. thickness 41.axial 42. appendicular 43. Only 8 facial bones we are worried about: maxillae, palatine, zygomatic, lacrimal, nasal, vomer, inferior, mandible 44. zygomatic bones 45. vomer and ethmoid 46. palatine bones and the maxillae
47. zygomatic bone and the temporal bone 48. maxillae and mandible 49. fragile, scroll-like bones attached to lateral wall of the nasal cavity 50. pedicles 51. lamina 52. atlas and the axis 53. five 54. coccyx 55. S 56. spine
57. articulates with scapula 58. trochlea 59. radius
82. fibrous 83. cartilagenous 84. bursae 85. ball and socket 86. condyloid 87. gliding 88. hinge 89. pivot 90. saddle 91. insertion Now count how many you missed
and multiple it by 4.4 pts. Each question was worth 4.4 pts each. Total points possible on this assignment was 400 pts. On the front of the packet write out how many you missed and what you earned over 400. Example: -35 questions * 4.4 pts= -154pts 246/400, 62% D
Retrospective Review Required Submission Method. Requested Medical records must be submitted directly to KEPRO via Atrezzo Provider Portal web based system . Non-registered providers must utilize the login credentials listed on the Request for Medical Records notification letter
The Carbon Market Dakar 12 February 2008 Edwin Aalders Director International Emissions Trading Association Global Market EU ETS Second year to be completed at the end of the month Effects of price drop in May 2006 First phase: around 1.5...
It is a communal experience for the audience, this coming together is an essential element of theatre. The Performers The other 1/2 of the actor-audience equation. Performance is the essence of theatre. Remember to ask as you continue to explore...
Other Capitalization Rules II Words Used as Names Capitalize words like father, mother, uncle, senator, and professor only when they are parts of titles that include a personal name or when they are substitutes for proper nouns (especially in direct...
Daniel Courcy- [email protected] Nathan Salemme- [email protected] Outline Introduction Analyzing Short Flow Performance Scheme Architecture and Mechanisms Simulation Discussion Conclusion References Most figures, tables and graphs in this presentation were gathered from the Journal paper: The War Between Mice and Elephants.
'The green light means go' is an act of inter-semiotic translation, as is 'The big hand's pointing to twelve and the little hand's pointing to four, so it's four o'clock'. In each case, there is translation from a non-linguistic communication...
Unit 5 Introduction to Procurement for Public Housing Authorities Sealed Bids * * * * * * Learning Objectives Understand when to use the sealed bid method of procurement Understand the basic process and requirements for awarding contracts under the...
Ready to download the document? Go ahead and hit continue!